001 Travel - Copenhagen



I had never been to Scandinavia and was DYING to. Ever since my love for Swedish blogs evolved so many year ago, it has been firmly on my bucket list to go see. 

My sister and I spent three nights in the city back in April. Everything about Copenhagen is just cool - the people, the food, the laid-back way of life.  

I'll start with the most important recommendations - the food. Both being of vegan persuasion, eating out in Dublin is still a little tricky. But in Copenhagen, there was copious amount of vegan alternatives - even a bakery solely producing vegan goods.


Breakfast/Brunch



Grod - A porridge lovers paradise. I spotted this place on Instagram a few weeks before we left, and I knew we just had to pay a visit. A little on the pricey side (all of Copenhagen is), but well worth a visit. They do both sweet and savory options from breakfast to dinner. 


Torvehallerne - This is an indoor market in Norreport, which we stumbled upon (and thank God we did). This place is where you want to go for weekend brunch - fresh coffee and endless options for food.  We stopped in a stall which had acai and smoothie bowls, and got some freshly squeezed orange and ginger juice (for my sister who was dying of the flu)


                                           

Landbageriet - This place was probably one of the highlights of the trip - a bakery entirely producing vegan pastries and breads. We got a bit excited and bought a cinnamon swirl, a danish, chocolate croissant and a creme puff - I can confirm all were delicious (and cheap).

Dinner 

 

Tivoli Food Hall - On our first night we went to the Tivoli Gardens (see below in what to do), and found this place right next door so decided to give it a go. We opted for burrito bowls (basic I know). After we went for a drink where I got theee best espresso martini I've ever had. Definitely worth a visit.

Souls - 10/10 would recommend. This place has an amazing food and cocktail menu. I got the viking salad and Emma went for the veggie burger. We then finished it off with a raw chocolate fudge cake and some ginger mojitos. We need a place like this in Dublin.


Sticks n Sushi - We got back to our hostel late one night and were starving but didn't want to trek back into the city. A quick google and we found this place around the corner from us. This ended up being my favorite dinner of the trip (even if it did cost a bomb).  We ordered a few different dishes (all vegan). Would definitely recommend this place.


Now being well-fed, let's have a look at what there is do in this lovely city. First thing is first, if you are planning a trip to Copenhagen, get the Copenhagen card. It includes loads of attractions and activities as well as all of your public transport.


Here are my top 6 recommendations:

1. Nyhavn

2. Tivoli Gardens
3. Canal Tour/ The Little Mermaid
4. Day trip to Malmo 
5. Copenhagen Zoo
6. National Aquarium Denmark

I went full ham and started this blog off with a mammoth post but hopefully it was somewhat useful and you will come back for the next one!

Comments